Our mission is to create, sustain and promote access to affordable housing opportunities. We strive to be the premier organization that strengthens neighborhoods and improves lives through education, preservation and development of affordable housing. In pursuit of our mission, we provide a wide range of services to the Louisville community, including Home Buyer Education, Foreclosure Intervention, Housing Programs, Real Estate Development, Resident Programs and Property Management. We are an organization lead by President, Mike Hynes and the Chair of HPI’s Board, J. Barry Barker.
HPI was incorporated as a private nonprofit in 1990 and has since yielded…
- 6,585 affordable houses and apartments.
- 5,805 local jobs created, including construction jobs.
- Over 1,200 families have avoided foreclosure and kept their homes.
- Built some of the first EnergyStar®-rated multi-family buildings in the state of Kentucky.
- Over $98 million in Federal, State and Local revenue.
- A total investment of $656,949,129!